dinsdag 7 oktober 2008

The Opening

A bit later than expected, but here's a small update.

3 okt
Around noon Benjamin arrived, so now the team is complete.
In the afternoon there was the opening for the go event. Wang Runan (president of the chinese weiqi assocation) and yuki shigeno ( Secretary of the IGF) gave a speech.

There was an explanation about the rules and regulations. The rules are somewhat a crossing between Japanese rules and ING rules. It's a bit confusing for people who are not used to stonecounting, but a lot of referees will walk around the playing hall to help out after the game.
And finally there was the paring for the Men's Individual.

In the evening we were picked up and brought to the Olympic gymnasium for the opening of the WMGS itself.
Players from each country walked in carrying their national banner, for Belgium it was Thomas and a bridge player. Again some speeches were given.
And Gu Li swore on behalf of all players an oath of sportsmanship, fair play and best effort.
The opening was concluded with an amusing performance.


I was awake all night, somehow I just couldn't sleep. Around 4 I decided it was time to do something about it. I went to the living room and started doing tesuji problems.
But an hour and 100 problems later I still wasn't tired.








Geen opmerkingen: